Kanbayashi Chaho has three locations within the prefecture. Each shop also carries items exclusive to that location, so we encourage you to visit them if you find yourself in the neighborhood.
Kanazawa Main Store
The main Kanazawa location is centrally located between Omicho Market, where Kanazawa locals shop, and Higashi-Chayagai, a scenic destination. A cafe space within the shop allows guests to relax and unwind while enjoying our signature matcha, bocha, sencha, and Japanese-style black teas alongside Japanese sweets. The sweets are sourced from Yoshihashi, a noted purveyor of tea ceremony sweets in Kanazawa. Furthermore, we offer gelato exclusively in summer and arrowroot tea and other delicacies in winter.
- 1-7 Shimoshincho, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa Prefecture, 920-0910
- TEL. FAX. 076-231-0391
- year end / New Year’s, third Sunday of every month (if that day falls on a consecutive public holiday, we remain open)
- Open Time
- 9:30－17:30 (L.O. 17:00)
- two spaces adjacent to the shop (free of charge)
- 3 minutes’ walk from the Owari-cho bus stop
- 7 minutes’ walk from the Omi-cho Market Hall
- 6 minutes’ walk from the Higashi-Chayagai
Meitetsu M'za Store
The M’za location carries a wide range of items, from everyday tea to souvenirs, at the Kuromon Koji food area in the underground first floor concourse. If you allow us some time, we can arrange some items tail ored to your budget. Please do not hesitate to contact us for advice on your next purchase.
- Meitetsu M’za 15-1 Musashi-machi, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa Prefecture, 920-8583
- same as M’za closings
- Open Time
- please make use of the underground parking garage at Meitetsu M’za.
- 10 minutes’ walk from JR Kanazawa Station
Nanao Misogigawa-odori Store
The Nanao location sells the exclusive “Shohaku” and “Tohaku” varieties of matcha, named after noted local painter Tohaku Haseagawa. These items are exclusive to the Nanao location and are widely used at home and at tea ceremony events. We encourage you to stop by the Nanao shop if you are in the area.
- 197 fucyu-machi, Nanao-shi, Ishikawa Prefecture, 926-0041
- Closed on
- Tuesdays, year-end/New Year
- Open Time
- 1 vehicle (free of charge)
- 7 minutes’ walk from JR Nanao Station
- 4 minutes’ walk from Shokusai Market